Strategic Management for the HR Development in the CRI, p. r. i.
HR Award – HRS4R
Program: Operational programme Research, development and education
Challenge No: 02_18_054
Challenge: Capacity building for research and development II
Project Name EN: Strengthening strategic management of science and research in the CRI, p. r. i.
Project name CZ: Posílení strategického řízení vědy a výzkumu ve VÚRV, v. v. i.
Project registration No: CZ.02.2.69/0.0/0.0/18_054/0014700
The CRI applied for the HR Excellence in Research Award.
HR Award is a prestigious certificate given by the European Commission to highlight research institutions that provide an excellent human resources care.
Benefits of the HRS4R implementation
- To secure an open, transparent, and merit-based recruitment
- Professional development and growth of researchers
- Attractivity and stronger status of the CRI
- Networking with other European research institutions
- Benefits in the TACR, Horizon 2020 etc. programs
- To guarantee quality working environment
In 2019, the CRI subscribed to the principles constituted in the European Charter for Researchers and the Code of Conduct for the Recruitment of Researchers. It is a set of general principles and requirements which specifies the roles, responsibilities, and entitlements of researchers as well as of employers and/or funders of researchers. It constitutes a framework for researchers, employers and funders which invites them to act responsibly and as professionals within their working environment, and to recognise each other as such.
The CRI implements the HRS4R by performing thorough analysis involving questionnaire and interviews (GAP Analysis). They identify possible imperfections of current human resources policy. Subsequently, the specified Action Plan was created. It strengthens the CRI human resources strategy and achieves the C&C principles.
- The Endorsement Letter (commitment to Charter & Code) was sent on December 31, 2019
- The questionnaire for employees was performed in June 2020 – it was followed by directed interviews in August 2020
- The GAP Analysis together with OTM-R principles check was performed from September to November 2020
- The Action Plan, based on the results, was obtained in November 2020 – it was sent to the European Commission on January 26, 2021
Time schedule of the HR Award process with our actual position marked. The Action Plan was submitted for assessment.
Time schedule of the HR Award process with single steps specification.
Long-term schedule of the HR strategy.
RNDr. Mikuláš Madaras, Ph.D. – Director of the Institution
Ing. František Brožík – Deputy Director for Finance
Dr. Ing. Pavel Čermák – Deputy Director for Science and Research
Ing. Miloš Faltus, Ph.D. – Chairman of the Institute Council
Ing. Eva Kunzová, CSc. – Head of the Department of the Crop Management System
doc. RNDr. Jaroslava Ovesná, CSc. – Head of the Department of Crop Genetics and Breeding
doc. Dr. Ing. Jaroslav Salava – Head of the Department of Crop Protection and Plant Health
Ing. Mgr. Miroslava Bodrinová – Trade Union Representative
Ing. Miloslav Vlček – Guarantor of Professional Activities
Ing. Mária Krupková – Analyst
Dr. Ing. Miloslav Mezuliáník – Technology Transfer Specialist
Marcela Pustulková – Project Manager
Ing. Jitka Sedláčková – Financial Manager
Mgr. Milada Slezáková – HR Manager
Mgr. Sylva Číhalová – PR Assistant
Mgr. Michal Bielecki – Legal Services
Ing. Romana Bocková – Technology Transfer Specialist
doc. Ing. Jan Mikulka, CSc. – R&D Results Popularizer
Ing. Jan Vondrák – IT Specialist